Thursday 12 February 2009

Do so miss Vodka.
Ive abstained from alcohol for the past few weeks simply because my balance isnt up to much with a broken leg. Trying to use crutches at the same time as being pissed out my head was a definate no no.
The Smirnoff sat on the shelf, above the bar, looking at me forlornly. Im sure it called my name a few times last night during an episode of CSI. But I was good, ignoring its pleas to be mixed with some cola, although when the tv signal disappeared half way through with the murderer about to be unmasked, I seriously considered smashing the tv with the vodka bottle thereby killing two birds with one stone.
Instead I went off to bed, none the wiser at how Living channel can shut down in the middle of a programme. Is this the future of the digital age? NO SATELLITE SIGNAL BEING RECIEVED is the new test card! There was no storm. No cranes in view, (Two of the excuses I've recieved in the past) and all the other channels were working so what the fuck happened to the CSI team?
Ok, I know there aren't many programmes worth watching these days, but it would be nice to think you may get to see the entire programme you've tuned in to watch. It was bad enough missing that goal the other night but CSI? Thats a travesty!
When we all had analogue, programmes ran ok as long as your aeriel pointed in the right direction, but now we are in the technical age, a cloud can fuck up your viewing!!! Amazing and extremly annoying at the same time. Is each customer given twenty missing programmes per year?
In future maybe we can choose when our signals disappear. I would prefer anytime Lorne Spicer or Christiano Ronaldo are on screen, two people who I would vote for on 'Celebrity Sniper'. What a show that would be. It would run for years on my choices alone, but wouldnt be good for Manchester United, or The Labour Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment