Sunday 15 February 2009

So, yesterday was Valentines Day! I wouldn't have known if hubby hadn't bought me a card. And flowers! He such a romantic, whereas I can't be bothered with that sort of stuff, if you're married then its bloody obvious you're in love aint it? Plus why waste money on cards and flowers when you can get a double vodka in for the same amount of money!
So off we all went to the local club we just joined. Cheaper beer than a pub, with two tellies. One showing the footie and the other showing the horse racing. A darts board, pool table and an neon exit sign for the blind smokers! What more do you need?
We started drinking at one, so by the time we'd been told there was an Elvis night nine hours later it was out of the question as;
1. We would have been so drunk by then that we would have needed sleeping bags.
2. I hate Elvis and would have thrown things at him if I'd had to sit through it!
3. Kentucky Fried Chicken was needed as you can only survive on packets of crisps for so long.
If we had left our seats for food, by the time we had come back only standing room would be left.
Lets face it, standing at the back of the bar, listening to a guy in white flairs and shades murder Blue Suede Shoes is not my idea of a valentines day!
Ive never understood the appeal of Elvis, but then I grew up in the Seventies where we had more rounded hero's, like Gary Glitter. So who am I to judge!
So home we came where Valentines day was rounded off perfectly, Raiders of the Lost Ark, chocolate, and bed! Heaven. Considering its also our anniversary, the day we met, I really should put a bit more effort into it! Oh well there's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment