Wednesday 24 June 2009

My goodness, has summer arrived already? It seems that, as I have been sitting here generally waiting for something nice to happen, Spring has come and gone. The kids will break up from school pretty soon and we will immediatly have to buy new school uniform for September otherwise it will have run out by August.
I figured i'd get in quick, by rushing off to Asda and buying up the entire stock in anticipation of my kids growing two extra sizes over the coming months. But I was saved from spending large amounts of money by the complete lack of clothing range in our local store! Buy Two Get One Free had become bugger off somewhere else you're too late!
Now I am in a quandrey? Should I wait until five minutes to September before running round like a headless chicken in a vain attempt to kids out my kids with;
Seventy thousand pencils, pens, rubbers, rulers, pencil cases, calculators, protractors, hole punches, staplers, plimsoles, kit bags, not forgetting a full school uniform at a cost of two hundred pounds just for the clothing!
Or should I tootle on down to the 'Official' School Uniform Store and order the clothing, at a ridiculously overpriced amount, so that it will be available on time.
Decisions, decisions. I rather like the first option, its cheaper, will take less time, and I will lose weight in the process.
On second thoughts perhaps I may teach the kids from home. There wont be any jobs available for them on reaching school leaving age anyway, and they wont be any thicker than the ones leaving school round here now! Plus we can all have a lay in every day. No school uniform to buy or tears from bullying. 100 % attendance records and no way they would be expelled!
On the other hand my food bills will be gigantic, Sky TV will have to be installed in EVERY room, and having the kids around constantly will possibly cause a nervous breakdown! In me, Hubby and the cats!
Official School Uniform Store.....Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment