Sunday 25 January 2009

What happened to yesterday? So bored could barely keep my heart beating! Doesnt help that my leg just wont behave. Now the knee is painful so cant bend without yelping. Kids find that extremly amusing, so just sitting doing nothing.
I was going to rant yesterday about train journeys and 'quiet carriages', but I havent been on a train since 1989, thank god, cos its cheaper and more comfortable to fly.
Instead I will do something very British... Moan about the weather. Its cold and I hate the cold! Central heating on full blast, blanket surrounding my lower body, and still both leg and foot freezing.
Where is the sunshine? The wind has changed direction, but its still cold. More to the point, where's the global warming? Up in the arctic? Maybe I should book the next holiday there!
Cant book a holiday yet as last time we had a broken leg in the family, the airlines refused to take us, on the grounds of health and safety!!? What did they expect? Plane starts to crash and plaster cast becomes wedged in the escape hatch!! Perhaps they thought there was an arsenal of weapons stashed in the cast! Possibly now would be charged 'extra baggage allowance' for the weight!
I shall wait till Christmas, then book one of those 'granny' holidays. Twelve weeks in Benidorm, send the kids back every so often for school. Drinking Sangria and playing Bingo with a load of deaf Northeners. Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment